Eyes may convey a lot of emotions and along with them; they may even show symptoms of various health conditions. Red eyes with watery discharge may be a sign that you have some infection. It is a prominent symptom of conjunctivitis or pink eye that is rarely a serious condition and can be treated effectively. It usually doesn’t damage your vision and can be tackled easily with remedies offered by the top homeopathy clinics in Hyderabad.
What is Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis, also known as ‘pink eye’ or ‘red eye’, is the inflammation of the conjunctiva due to infection or allergies. Conjunctiva is the thin tissue that covers the white of the eye and the inside of the eyelids. If you have conjunctivitis, your eyes get red and swollen along with sticky discharge sometimes. Conjunctivitis can affect people of all ages but is more common among children. Some types of conjunctivitis are highly contagious so, when you have a pink eye, you should consult your doctor at the earliest possible time to avoid spreading it to others and also further complications. Homeo clinics offer the best treatment for conjunctivitis with natural and safe medicines.
Symptoms of Conjunctivitis:
Conjunctivitis can be easily identified with the following signs and symptoms –
- Red eyes
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- Itchy eyes
- A feeling that something is there in the eye
- Painful eyes
- Watery eyes
- Puffy eyelids
- Blurry vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Discharge from eye
Types and Causes of Conjunctivitis:
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This is one of the most common types of conjunctivitis and as the name suggests, it is caused by bacteria. Infection of the conjunctiva occurs through various sources of contamination and it is spread through –
- Contact with an infected individual
- Exposure to contaminated surfaces
- Sinus or ear infections
Thick eye discharge or pus is a significant sign of bacterial conjunctivitis and it can affect either one eye or both the eyes.
- Viral conjunctivitis: It is another type of conjunctivitis and it is highly contagious as this can easily spread from person to person through –
- Respiratory diseases like flu and the common cold.
Viral conjunctivitis is characterized by watery discharge and it generally starts in one eye and spreads to the other quickly. This type of conjunctivitis is usually self-limiting and goes away in a short time.
- Gonococcal and Chlamydial Conjunctivitis: Some people may get a pink eye due to infections from sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea and chlamydia. Even newborn babies can get affected by this type of conjunctivitis during childbirth.
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This type is caused by allergies triggered by allergens like –
- Animal dander
- Dust mites, etc.
Itchy eyes are the most common sign of allergic conjunctivitis. It could be seasonal or perennial depending on the allergy-causing allergens.
- Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis: This usually affects both the eyes and affects people who wear a soft contact lens. It causes lens intolerance, itching and a heavy discharge.
- Non-infectious Conjunctivitis: Sometimes, conjunctivitis can be caused due to irritation in the eye caused by sources like smoke, diesel exhaust, perfumes, certain chemicals, etc.
Conjunctivitis and Homeopathy:
Some measures that help in preventing and spreading of conjunctivitis are –
- Maintaining cleanliness
- Washing hands with soap water before eating
- Washing and cleaning the discharge from eyes with fresh cotton balls or paper towel and washing hands with warm soapy water after that
- Not touching or rubbing the infected eye
- Not sharing and wearing eye makeup or contact lenses
- Protecting eyes from dust and other irritants
Conjunctivitis is treated with eye drops and antibiotics in the conventional method that may cause side effects. Consulting doctors in the homeopathy clinics is really helpful as the natural and zero side-effects medicines can easily treat conjunctivitis in a reduced timeframe.