Deal Your Menstrual Cramps with Homeopathy
One of the most common complaints in women in the reproductive age is pain during menstruation. This is seen in both young and old women alike and is called dysmenorrhoea in medical terms. This condition is one of the most common gynaecological conditions regardless of age and geographical location, affecting their daily routine and leading to absenteeism from school and work. Girls and women need not suffer from this condition if they take appropriate timely treatment from the best Homeo clinics in Hyderabad.
What is Dysmenorrhoea?
Dysmenorrhoea is the term associated with menstrual pain and cramps. It is also known as painful periods or menstrual cramps and dysmenorrhoea, usually, begins when the menstruation starts. With symptoms usually lasting less than three days, the pain is generally experienced in the lower abdomen or pelvis region.
Types of Dysmenorrhoea:
Dysmenorrhoea can be categorized as –
- Primary dysmenorrhoea – Menstrual cramps that start from the first period or a little later and are not associated with any other specific health issue are categorized as primary dysmenorrhoea. In this type, pain may generally begin when menstrual bleeding starts or even 1-2 days before. The pain is felt in the lower abdomen, back or thighs and at times, other symptoms like nausea, vomiting, and fatigue may be experienced too. Cramps in this type may be experienced for around 12-72 hours. The intensity or recurrence of this type of cramps may lessen with aging or after giving birth to a baby.
- Secondary dysmenorrhoea – Menstrual pain caused by certain health disorders or infections related to the reproductive organs is called secondary dysmenorrhoea. This type of dysmenorrhoea is usually not accompanied by nausea, vomiting, etc. and may last for a period more than that of primary dysmenorrhoea.
Symptoms of Dysmenorrhoea:
There are various symptoms experienced by women affected by dysmenorrhoea which include –
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Pain in lower back and legs
- Pain that starts with menstruation or earlier
- Severe pain in the first 24 hours
- Presence of clots in menstrual blood
- Nausea and vomiting
- Diarrhoea or constipation
Causes of Dysmenorrhoea:
Whether there is an underlying cause or not determines the categorization of dysmenorrhoea and in the absence of a specific health issue i.e. primary dysmenorrhoea, menstrual cramps are due to the contractions in the uterus. These contractions are due to a chemical called prostaglandin which makes the uterus contract strongly, pressing against nearby blood vessels and disconnecting the oxygen supply to the muscle tissue of the uterus. In the case of secondary dysmenorrhoea, the cause of the menstrual pain can be any of the following disorders associated with the reproductive organs –
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Cervical stenosis
- Fibroids (benign tumors)
Irrespective of the cause of dysmenorrhoea, the cramps may come in the way of a woman’s daily routine to a great extent and hence, it is necessary that these are treated with the best treatment for dysmenorrhoea.
Dysmenorrhoea and Homeopathy:
Here are some natural and effective ways to decrease the pain associated with dysmenorrhoea –
- Placing a heat pad on the affected area (abdomen/back)
- Taking enough rest
- Avoiding caffeine products, smoking and alcohol
When dysmenorrhoea cannot be controlled naturally, it can be treated well with the remedies offered by the best homeopathy clinics that treat the underlying cause of the condition rather than just symptoms. Per the conventional medicine system, dysmenorrhoea is treated with pain relievers that only ease the symptoms and do not treat the root cause of the condition. However, when top homeopathy clinics are consulted for the treatment of dysmenorrhoea, they heal a person holistically and provide treatment for the root cause of the ailment. Homeo remedies are natural and free of side effects making them one of the most preferred treatment methods for dysmenorrhoea.