Don’t Let Parkinson’s Disease Bother You
Life is very much unpredictable and it becomes even more unpredictable if you have Parkinson’s disease. It is a brain disorder affecting body movements and restricting one’s life to a great extent. According to estimates, around ten million people around the world suffer from Parkinson’s disease. But, it can be managed effectively with the holistic treatment and remedies provided by the homeopathy clinics.
What is Parkinson’s Disease?
Parkinson’s disease is a nervous system disorder that progressively affects body movements. Initially, it may start as a slight tremor in one hand that may go unnoticed and rapidly develop to a stage where hands shake severely leading to slow movements or stiffness. When the cells of the substantia nigra, a part of the brain which produces dopamine, die dopamine levels get reduced. Reduced levels of dopamine cause the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease because dopamine is responsible for the effective and coordinated muscle movements of the body.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease:
Parkinson’s disease may show various signs and symptoms in different people. In some people, the initial signs may be so mild that they may go unnoticed. It is seen that usually, some of the initial symptoms start several years before the motor problems show up.
Early symptoms –
- reduced ability to smell
- voice changes
- change in handwriting
- stooped posture
Motor problem symptoms –
- slow movements
- stiffness of arms, legs, and trunk
- balance problems
Other symptoms –
- blank facial expression
- getting stuck when walking
- decreased blinking
- barely audible speech
- decreased arm swinging while walking
- skin problems
- sleep disturbances
- attention and memory problems
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease:
Parkinson’s disease is a nervous disorder that gradually worsens over time and hence, it is usually classified into different stages depending on the symptoms a person experiences.
- Stage 1 – The mildest form of the condition wherein symptoms may not be noticeable. The condition doesn’t interfere with the daily tasks of the affected person. If at all, symptoms are noticed, they may be restricted to one side of the body.
- Stage 2 – It may take months to years’ time to progress from stage 1 to stage 2. This is the moderate stage where muscle stiffness, tremors, and changes in facial expressions are experienced.
- Stage 3 – Middle stage where the already visible symptoms become more noticeable and interfere with the daily tasks.
- Stage 4 – In this stage, movements get restricted.
- Stage 5 – The most advanced stage where assistance is required throughout the day for daily movements and tasks. At this stage, complications like confusion, delusions and hallucinations may be experienced by some.
Causes of Parkinson’s Disease:
Parkinson’s disease may be a result of genetic and environmental factors and in some cases; viruses too can trigger the condition. Whatever the triggering factors maybe, low dopamine levels cause Parkinson’s disease. Some people are at higher risk to develop Parkinson’s disease and the high-risk categories are –
- Gender – Male population is more likely to develop the condition than the female population
- Age – Usually, people over the age of sixty years develop this condition.
- Family history – People with a family history of Parkinson’s disease are at higher risk of developing the condition.
- Environment – People exposed to chemicals and toxins for a prolonged time are more prone to this condition.
- Head injury – People with a history of head injury have a higher risk of developing the condition.
Parkinson’s Disease and Homeopathy:
Homeopathic remedies help in stimulating the body to heal itself without any side effects. Due to this reason, if a person approaches a top homeopathy clinic in theearly stage, there is every chance that the progression of the disease is slowed down in the initial stages and managed effectively. Delphis, the best homeopathy clinic in Hyderabad, provides excellent remedies and treatment for those suffering from Parkinson’s disease.