Are you having a tough time dealing with cramps during your periods? Is terrible pain affecting your daily routine? This could be due to endometriosis which causes the ‘killer cramps’. Endometriosis is a common condition affecting nearly ten percent of women of reproductive age globally and it can be challenging to manage, but with effective remedies offered by Homeo clinics, you can successfully prevent the progression of the disease.
What is Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a condition that develops when tissue that lines the inside of the uterus grows outside the uterus. This growth of tissue outside the uterus is called the endometrial implant. It normally affects the pelvic organs involving the ovaries, fallopian tubes and the tissue lining your pelvis. In this condition, the tissue formed outside the uterus, the endometrial implant; thickens, breaks down and bleeds as the endometrial tissue would during menstruation cycle. However, due to the lack of an exit from your body, it gets trapped within resulting in surrounding tissues becoming irritated and developing scar tissues.
Symptoms of Endometriosis:
Different women experience different symptoms ranging from mild to severe, however, the severity of pain doesn’t reflect the severity of the condition. Some women with the disease in its initial stages or in the mild form can experience unbearable pain whereas some women with the severe form of the disease may experience negligible pain and discomfort. The symptoms that characterize endometriosis include –
- Pelvic pain before and during menstruation
- Painful periods
- Cramps around the period of menstruation
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Spotting between periods
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Uneasiness during bowel movements
- Lower back pain
- Bloody urine or stools
- Nausea and vomiting
This condition can be treated effectively and you can get immense relief from the agony with excellent remedies offered by Homeopathy clinics.
Causes of Endometriosis:
It is not certain what exactly causes endometriosis, but there are certain triggering and risk factors –
- Retrograde menstruation wherein the menstrual blood flows back into the pelvic cavity instead of getting out of the body through the vagina.
- Embryonic cell growth can develop into endometrial tissue within the pelvic cavities at times.
- Surgical scars caused by surgeries like hysterectomy or C-section.
- Estrogen hormones may stimulate endometriosis in some.
- Genetics increases the risk of developing endometriosis when a woman has a family history of the condition.
- The weakened immune system can lead to failure in the destruction of extra-uterine endometrial tissue.
- Never giving birth to a child will increase the risk of developing the condition.
- Consuming caffeine, alcohol and lack of exercise can raise levels of estrogen leading to the development of the condition.
- Other risk factors include early onset of periods, menopause at an older age, too short menstrual cycles, excessive and heavy menstrual flow, low body mass index, and reproductive tract abnormalities.
Endometriosis and Homeopathy:
Pain medications, hormone treatments and surgery are the various treatment options available in the conventional medicine system. These methods may show side effects which is not what you would prefer. Consulting the Delphis Homeo clinic in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad will help you in getting natural and safe treatment for endometriosis and preventing further progression. Homeopathy treats a person holistically and hence, apart from curing the condition from the roots, homeopathy remedies address various other related issues and prevent further complications like infertility.