Anyone in the teenage or one who is parenting a teenager is well aware of the skin condition – acne. Although anyone can get affected by acne, teenagers are the ones who are more at risk and get distressed about the condition. It is understood that nearly 90% of the global population gets affected by acne at some point in their life making it one of the most common skin disorders. Although it can be treated with self-help remedies and over-the-counter medicines, it is better to consult doctors in Homeo clinics who can help eliminate the problem from the roots rather than suppressing the external symptoms.
What is Acne?
Acne, called Acne vulgaris in the medical terms, is a common skin condition that can affect your appearance directly and self-confidence indirectly. When your hair follicles get blocked with oil and dead skin cells, it results in acne. It is a chronic and inflammatory disease of the sebum-producing glands resulting in the formation of elevations that are inflamed. Whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, etc. are some of the most common types of acne and it usually appears on the face, forehead, upper back, shoulders and chest.
Types and Symptoms of Acne:
Depending on the severity of the condition, the signs or symptoms of acne can vary that include –
- Whiteheads – Whiteheads are a type of acne that occurs when oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria get clogged within the pores of your skin and stay closed at the surface.
- Blackheads – Blackheads are a type of acne where these appear as small bumps on your skin due to clogged hair follicles. They are open at the surface of the skin.
- Papules – These are small pink or red circumscribed bumps and can appear in different shapes. These may be sensitive to touch and worsen the situation causing scars.
- Pustules – These are small red, inflamed bumps on the skin containing fluid or pus and resemble whiteheads. These are more commonly called pimples.
- Nodules – These are the large, solid painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin.
- Cystic lesions – These are the painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin.
Causes of Acne:
Acne usually appears on the face, forehead, chest, shoulders and the upper back parts of the body. These are the areas where most of the oil glands are present and clogged hair follicles connected to the oil glands cause acne. The main factors that cause acne are –
- Genes – Acne may develop due to inheritance from the family.
- Hormones – In some people, hormonal activities like puberty and menstrual periods can cause acne.
- Infections – It is believed that some types of bacteria can also lead to the development of acne.
Certain medications, hormonal changes during pregnancy, use of contraceptive pills, a few dietary factors and stress can worsen acne and make it severe. It is important to understand the underlying cause of the condition to eliminate the problem from the roots, which is possible with treatment offered by top homeopathy clinics.
Acne and Homeo: Per the conventional treatment method, acne is treated with over-the-counter medicines, antibiotics, hormonal treatments, etc. These medicines and treatments can show side effects. If you want treatment without side effects for acne, you should consult the best homeopathy clinics that offer personalized care as every individual is unique with different symptoms and health needs. Homeopathy doctors can provide remedies that successfully treat acne by eliminating the root cause of the condition. Also, many people with acne face a lot of emotional distress and anxiety that also need to be tackled along with the physical symptoms. A homeopath considers all the physical and emotional aspects while providing treatment thereby bringing great success in treating acne.