Get Relief from Seborrheic Dermatitis with Homeo
Dandruff is one of the most common skin ailments that millions of people suffer worldwide with an estimated twenty percent of the population being affected by it. It is also one of those skin conditions that make you feel embarrassed. Dandruff is the mildest form of a skin condition called seborrheic dermatitis which is prevalent in nearly five percent of the worldwide population.
What is Seborrheic Dermatitis?
Seborrheic Dermatitis also called seborrheic eczema is a common health condition related to the skin that majorly affects the scalp, but can also affect other oily areas of the body like the face, upper chest, and back. It is also referred to as ‘crib cap’ when infants are affected by the condition. Although the condition may go away without treatment, you may want to consult the best homeopathy doctors in Hyderabad to get rid of it in the earliest possible time to escape the discomfort and embarrassment due to it.
Symptoms of Seborrheic Dermatitis:
The symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis can become severe due to stress or a cold and dry climate. The main symptoms of this condition include –
- Skin flakes in white or yellowish color (more commonly called dandruff).
- Greasy and oily skin in the affected area.
- Red skin in the affected area.
- Hair loss in the affected area.
Seborrheic dermatitis is a condition that can have symptoms that flare and clear up naturally. But, in a majority of cases, the condition is chronic that needs to be managed with proper skin care and appropriate treatment. This condition may be mistaken for an allergic reaction, psoriasis, or eczema. So, consult the top homeopathy clinics if –
- The condition is making you feel uncomfortable
- You are losing sleep because of the condition
- Your daily activities are getting affected
- Your condition is making you feel embarrassed or anxious
- Your skin is getting infected
Causes of Seborrheic Dermatitis:
A combination of multiple factors can lead to the condition of seborrheic dermatitis which including –
- Presence of fungus (Malassezia) in the oil secretions of the skin
- Weakened immune system
- Hereditary factors
- Certain medical conditions or medicines
- Cold and dry weather
- Poor skincare
- Use of certain skincare products
Self-help Tips to Treat Seborrheic Dermatitis:
- Wash the affected areas daily with soapy water.
- Get enough sunlight to stop the growth of yeast on the skin.
- Use anti-dandruff shampoos.
- Use aloe vera topically to manage redness and itching.
- Tea tree oil mixed with coconut or olive oil can be used to reduce itching and healing scaly skin patches.
- Avoid skin products that are harsh and contain alcohol.
- Avoid scratching as it can lead to infections.
Seborrheic Dermatitis and Homeopathy: Topical creams and gels used in the conventional system of medicine can result in skin thinning when used for a long term. Instead of these, you should try to prevent flare-ups by following the self-help tips and if necessary consult Homeo clinics for the best treatment for seborrheic dermatitis in the early stages and avoid the discomfort and embarrassment caused by the condition. Any kind of disease can show better results when the treatment is started in the early stages.