Homeopathy for Quick Recovery from Food Poisoning
Food poisoning or foodborne illness is a condition that results from the consumption of contaminated, spoiled or toxic food. This is a common infectious disease and you should consult your doctor immediately if your food poisoning is associated with fever or dehydration. According to the best homeo doctors in Hyderabad, prevention is the key and you ought to take every possible precautionary measure to avoid food poisoning by keeping the food preparation areas clean, cooking food properly and following appropriate hand hygiene.
What Causes Food Poisoning?
It is estimated that every person gets affected by food poisoning at least once in their lifetime. It is caused by eating food that is contaminated by infectious organisms or their toxins. Food contamination can occur at any point in food processing, cooking, or handling. Per the homeopathy doctors, it is important to understand the cause of an illness to heal a person in totality rather than treating the mere external symptoms. Here are some of the primary causes of food poisoning.
Bacteria: E. coli, Salmonella, and Listeria are some of the most common and dangerous bacteria that cause food poisoning.
Parasites: Toxoplasma is the most common parasite that causes food poisoning. In many people, parasites live in the digestive tract for years together and go undetected. But, in people with pregnancy or weakened immune systems parasites can cause serious illness.
Viruses: Norovirus, rotavirus and astrovirus are some of the most common viruses that can cause food poisoning.
Risk Factors of Food Poisoning:
You will be at more risk of getting affected with food poisoning if you are –
- Aged – As you get older, your immune system weakens and may not respond quickly and effectively when infectious organisms attack you.
- Pregnant – Changes in metabolism and blood circulation may increase your chances of food poisoning.
- Infant or young child – Immune system that is not fully developed increases the risk of food poisoning.
- Affected by chronic disease – If you have a chronic disease such as liver disease or diabetes, it results in poor functioning of the immune system thereby increasing chances of food poisoning.
How Can You Identify Food Poisoning?
It is possible that food poisoning symptoms are seen within hours of consuming contaminated food or they can occur even after days or weeks. The symptoms that can last from a few hours to several days include:
- Abdominal cramps and pain
The symptoms that warrant immediate medical attention include:
- Vomiting and the inability to keep liquids down
- Blood vomiting
- Bloody stools
- Diarrhea for a period of more than three days
- Severe abdominal cramping
- A temperature higher than 100.4 F
- Excessive thirst and signs of dehydration
- Blurry vision
- Muscle weakness
Can Homeopathy Help?
A well-chosen remedy by the best homeopathy doctors in Hyderabad can help you in speedy recovery from the food poisoning effect. Homeopathy medicines such as arsenicum, lycopodium, pulsatilla, nux vomica, urtica urens, etc. are effective in fighting the effects of food poisoning and simultaneously improving your health.
Delphis, one of the top homeo clinics in Hyderabad offers excellent remedies for food poisoning and helps you get back on your feet again as soon as possible with natural medicines that do not show any side effects.