Don’t Let Irritable Bowel Syndrome Handicap Your Life
We often don’t even recognize that proper bowel movement is a critical function of our body for sustaining a healthy and happy life. It is only when there is something wrong with the regular bowel movement that we tend to notice its significance and give it a thought. Although not life-threatening, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a chronic disorder impacting the quality of your life. IBS is a common disorder in many people with an estimated 10 -15 % of the global population being affected by it and Delphis is one of the best Homeo clinics that offer effective remedies for the condition.
What is IBS?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a chronic gastrointestinal disorder that generally affects people in their late teens to the early forties. It is characterized by abdominal pain or discomfort along with trouble with bowel habits. In other words, IBS is a combination of intestinal symptoms that happen together wherein the symptoms differ in duration and severity from person to person. Though IBS is not dangerous or contagious, it can be a long-term problem for you affecting the way you live by making you miss your routine tasks.
IBS affects the large intestine creating belly discomfort and a problem with bowel habits. Although the symptoms and signs of IBS may vary from person to person, here are some common symptoms that can let you identify if you are suffering from the condition.
- Abdominal pain or cramping that is usually relieved by a bowel movement
- Bloating or Excess gas
- Diarrhea/ Constipation/ Alternating bouts of diarrhea and constipation
- Mucus in the stool
- Stools that are harder or looser than normal
- Food intolerance
It has been observed that IBS symptoms need not bother you continuously and they can resolve only to recur at a later stage. Consult your doctor at Delphis, one of the top Homeopathy Clinics in Hyderabad, for a complete cure for IBS.
IBS can be categorized into four types depending on the kind of symptoms you experience.
- IBS – C: IBS with constipation (infrequent stools, strain during bowel movements, feeling of not emptying your bowels)
- IBS – D: IBS with diarrhea (gas, abdominal pain, sudden urges to have a bowel movement, loose stools)
- IBS – M: IBS mixed has mixed and alternating patterns of constipation and diarrhea
- IBS – U: Unsubtyped IBS, people who can’t be categorized into any of the above-mentioned types are categorized into this type
The exact cause of IBS is not yet known properly however, there are certain factors that play a role and trigger the risk.
- Muscle contractions – if the muscles in the intestines contract stronger and last for a longer duration than normal, it can cause bloating, gas, and diarrhea whereas, if these muscle contractions are weak, they lead to slow food passage and hard dry stools.
- Nervous system – when nerves in your digestive system are poorly coordinated, it can cause an overreaction of your body to the normal digestive procedures leading to abdominal pain, diarrhea or constipation.
- Food sensitivity – poor absorption of sugars or acids in food can cause food sensitivities leading to IBS.
- Infections – gastroenteritis, viral infection or bacterial infections of the stomach and intestines may trigger IBS
- Psychological conditions – anxiety or depression can also trigger the condition
- Hormones – an imbalance of reproductive hormones or neurotransmitters can also trigger the condition
How can homeopathy help?
Homeopathy clinics offer natural and holistic medicines that are found to be of immense help for the people dealing with IBS day-in-day-out. Homeopathy doctors believe in the fact that to completely eliminate an ailment or condition from a person, it is essential to identify and eradicate the root cause of the ailment. With respect to the digestive aspect of IBS, homeopathy treatment helps to slow down the hyper-sensitivity of the bowels, thereby reducing its symptoms. Homeo clinics can successfully and effectively address the emotional triggers and stress caused by IBS too as it can severely impact your emotional well-being as well which is vital for the overall health of a person.