Is Hernia Troubling You? Get Relief with Homeopathy
Many people feel pain or discomfort in their lower abdomen or groin area and this pain usually occurs when they are bending over, lifting heavy weights or coughing. This is probably because of hernia which is a common ailment and more seen in men than women. A hernia can be treated effectively with the Homeo remedies offered by the top Homeopathy clinics.
What is Hernia?
A hernia is a condition wherein an organ or fatty tissue squeezes through the muscular wall that is helpful in keeping abdominal organs in place. Although hernias are most common in the abdominal area, they can occur in upper thigh, groin and belly button areas too. Hernias may not be severe in the beginning, but when left untreated they can lead to some severe complications which can be avoided with timely and the best treatment for Hernia.
Types of Hernia:
The most common types of hernia are – inguinal hernia, incisional hernia, umbilical hernia, femoral hernia and hiatal hernia. These types are based on the areas affected.
- Inguinal hernia – In this condition, the intestine or the bladder squeezes through the abdominal wall or inguinal canal.
- Incisional hernia – In this condition, the intestine protrudes through the abdominal wall where previously surgery was performed. This is more common in people who are less active post-surgery.
- Umbilical hernia – In this condition, the intestine pushes through the abdominal wall near the belly button.
- Femoral hernia – This happens when the intestine protrudes into the canal that carries the femoral artery.
- Hiatal hernia – This happens when the stomach pushes through the hiatus.
Symptoms of Hernia:
A hernia is mainly characterized by a localized bulge in the affected area depending on the type of condition. Other symptoms include –
- pain and discomfort that worsen while standing, lifting heavy items, bending or coughing
- weakness or a feeling of heaviness in the affected area
- an aching or burning sensation near the bulge
- chest pain, difficulty in swallowing and acid reflux in case of hiatal hernia
Some people may not have any symptoms of hernia unless it is identified during a routine medical exam for some other cause.
Causes of Hernia:
The cause of hernia is a combination of weakness of a muscle and pressure. There are various factors that lead to the weakness of muscles and pressure.
- a congenital defect which causes the failure of the abdominal wall closure
- chronic coughing
- damage due to any injury or surgery
- lifting of heavy items
- fluids in the abdomen
- a sudden increase in weight
A family history of hernia condition, obesity, and smoking increase the risk of developing a hernia.
Hernia and Homeopathy:
In the conventional medicine system, medicines and, in severe cases, surgery is suggested. However, those who wish to get the best treatment for hernia in a non-invasive way, they should approach homeopathy clinics. There are many effective remedies in homeopathy for a hernia that address the condition from deep within by strengthening the muscles and healing the root cause or health condition that is putting pressure on the muscle. Homeopathy takes a holistic approach towards the sick individual rather than mere symptoms of the condition which helps in eliminating the problem from the roots.