Having any abnormal growth in your body is not only detrimental health-wise but also creates cosmetic issues in some cases. Warts are one such type of growth on the surface of your skin. The unsightly appearance of warts can make a person distressed and depressed. Warts can occur in people of all ages and are common, with nearly ten percent of the global population affected by them. The prevalence is even more in school-going children. Warts are contagious and need to be controlled which can be done effectively with remedies offered by Homeo clinics in Hyderabad.
What are warts?
Warts are small growths with a rough texture that appear on the surface of the skin. Warts can appear anywhere on the body but are more common on hands and feet. They have an unpleasant appearance and are contagious. Getting the best treatment for warts is necessary to avoid spreading the condition. There are different types of warts that appear in different places on the skin.
Types & Symptoms of Warts:
- Common warts: These are flesh-colored grainy, small growths that mostly appear on the back of the hands, on the fingers, around the nails and on the feet. These warts are generally harmless but people tend to treat or remove them for the embarrassment they cause due to their appearance.
- Small, fleshy and grainy bumps on the skin
- Flesh-colored, pink, white or tan-colored bumps
- Rough when touched
- The appearance of small black pinpoints
Plantar warts: These usually appear on the soles of the feet. Due to the pressure put on these warts while walking and standing, these can grow into the skin. These can occur as one wart or in a cluster (mosaic warts).
- A feeling of having pebbles in the shoes
- Flat, tough and thick bumps
- Flesh-colored or light brown bumps
- Tiny black dots on the bumps
Genital warts: These warts appear on the genitals, in the pubic area and in or around the anus. These usually appear in clusters and spread quickly.
- Small, flesh/pink/red colored bumps
- Appear like small parts of a cauliflower
- Mild pain
Flat warts: More common among teenagers and children, these usually appear on the face, thighs and arms but can also occur on legs. Although smaller in size than other types of warts, they grow in large numbers.
- Small enough to be not noticeable immediately
- Flat top appearing as if scraped
- Bumps in pink/brown/yellow color
Filiform warts: These warts grow normally around the mouth or nose and may also occur on the neck and under the chin.
- Small bumps
- Tiny flap-shaped
- Skin-colored bumps
Causes of Warts:
Warts are caused by human papillomavirus (HPV), a type of virus. This virus can enter your body through cuts or scratches on your body causing an infection. The viral infection caused by the HPV triggers extra cell growth rapidly leading to the formation of a wart making the outer layer of the skin thicker and harder and in the affected area. The HPV infection can spread through touch making warts contagious. It can be transmitted from an infected person through direct touch or through an infected object. Every individual’s immune system acts differently so, it is not necessary that everyone who comes in contact with an infected person or object acquires the infection. Some people are more prone to warts including those who –
- bite their fingernails
- pick at the skin around fingernails
- have scratches or cuts
- have chronic skin conditions like eczema
- have a weakened immune system.
Warts and Homeopathy:
Building a strong immune system is the foundation of a healthy body as it fights various infections. Homeopathy clinics offer excellent holistic remedies and treatments that strengthen the immune system while simultaneously relieving the pain and discomfort of a particular ailment. In the case of warts, Homeo remedies can not only improve immunity but can also help to reduce the symptoms thereby providing relief from the unpleasant appearance and distress.