Plantar Fasciitis – The Reason behind Your Heel Pain
It is estimated that a moderately active person walks around 7500 steps per day on an average. That shows how much pressure is put on your feet on a daily basis and due to this pressure and wear and tear of the muscles and tissues in your feet you may develop various ailments related to the foot. If you have heel pain, plantar fasciitis could be the reason that is one of the most common causes of heel pain. When you are affected by plantar fasciitis, you could be troubled with stabbing pain usually in the morning when you take your first steps after waking up. Consulting your doctors at the homeopathy clinics can help you to a great extent in dealing with your heel pain effectively with zero side-effects medicines.
What is plantar fasciitis?
Inflammation of the thick, fibrous band of tissue (fascia) that is at the bottom of your foot connecting your heel bone and toes is Plantar Fasciitis. Fascia tissue supports the muscle and arch of your foot and when it is excessively stretched, tiny tears can occur, causing pain and inflammation in your foot.
Causes of plantar fasciitis:
Plantar fasciitis is caused due to repetitive stretching and tearing of the fascia tissue which is common among both men and women but is more common in runners. It is also observed that overweight and obese people along with those who wear footwear with inadequate arch support and shock absorbency are at a greater risk of getting affected with this condition. Here are some risk factors that increase your chances of getting plantar fasciitis –
- spending long hours walking or standing on hard surfaces daily
- having flat feet or feet with a high arch
- wearing high-heeled shoes often
- having an unusual walk or foot position
- certain types of exercise that place a lot of stress on the heel (e.g. long-distance running, aerobic dance, etc.)
Understanding the cause of the condition is important because Homeo clinics provide treatment to wipe off the root cause which results in a condition rather than dealing with the mere external symptoms.
Symptoms of plantar fasciitis:
You can identify if you have plantar fasciitis if you have severe pain in the bottom of your foot at the front or centre of your heel bone. Your pain gets worse when you take your first steps in the morning or you stand after having sat for a long duration.
Plantar fasciitis and Homeo Treatment:
Plantar fasciitis can be managed successfully with Homeo remedies coupled with a few pain management tips that are provided to you by the experts at the Homeopathy clinics. If you are affected by this condition–
- You should avoid standing or walking on hard surfaces for long hours.
- Plantar fasciitis is more common among women who usually stand long hours doing their daily household chores. Such women should use footwear that provides cushioning to the foot and they should also take breaks in between their work.
- Using ice and warm applications alternatively can relieve your pain considerably.
- Doing toe and calf exercises can also help you deal with your pain.
Delphis, one of the top homeopathy clinics in Hyderabad, offers the best treatment for plantar fasciitis with Homeo remedies, nutrition and psychological counselling that helps you deal with your condition holistically.