Symptoms of Sinusitis and Homeo Treatment
Many people suffer from a runny nose, watery eyes, and sneezing and they don’t know if it is just a common cold or a sinus infection. With symptoms similar to cold, sinusitis is a common ailment affecting millions of people. Sinusitis is the inflammation of sinuses, the hollow spaces behind the bones of the face that produce mucus essential for the effective functioning of nasal passages.
What is Sinusitis?
Although the impact of sinusitis often gets reduced in a few days without medical intervention, its symptoms can be painful and uncomfortable. When mucus builds up in the sinuses causing their inflammation, the condition is called sinusitis or rhinosinusitis.
Types of Sinusitis:
Depending on the symptoms and duration of the ailment, sinusitis can be categorised as –
- Acute sinusitis – This starts with symptoms similar to cold and facial pain and lasts about two to four weeks.
- Subacute sinus inflammation – This generally lasts for about four to twelve weeks.
- Chronic sinusitis – This lasts for more than twelve weeks making it a long-duration ailment.
- Recurrent sinusitis – As the name suggests, this type occurs multiple times in a year.
The symptoms of sinusitis may differ from person to person depending on the severity and duration of the ailment. Here are some typical symptoms of acute sinusitis –
- nasal discharge
- blocked nose
- reduced sense of smell
- facial pain (around your eyes, cheeks, nose or forehead).
As the severity of sinusitis increases, you may notice other symptoms too which if persistent for more than twelve weeks may be considered as chronic sinusitis –
- thick-coloured nasal discharge
- foul smell in your breath
- ear pain
Causes of Sinusitis:
Sinusitis can be caused by multiple factors which result in the accumulation of fluid in sinuses that is trapped and leads to inflammation and infection. The various causes of sinusitis are –
- Viruses – this is the most common cause of sinusitis among people.
- Bacteria – in some people bacteria can cause sinusitis.
- Fungi – some people can be affected by sinusitis caused by fungi.
- Pollutants – some pollutants and environmental factors like chemicals or air pollutants can cause sinusitis in some people.
Although anyone can be affected by sinusitis, some people are more prone to developing this condition. People who already have respiratory tract infections; people with nasal polyps, weak immune system, allergies and structural problems in the nose are at greater risk of developing sinusitis.
You can prevent getting affected by sinusitis by maintaining hygiene; avoiding smoking and alcohol; staying away from polluted air as much as possible; avoiding allergens and staying away from infected people if possible.
Homeopathy for Sinusitis:
Remedies offered by the Homeopathy clinics are effective both in treating the symptoms of acute sinusitis and providing constitutional care to the patients of chronic sinusitis who need to be assessed in terms of their entire physical and emotional health along with the patients’ past medical history and family health history. If you follow the professional treatment provided by the doctors in Homeo clinics, you can rest assured of a significant decrease in the intensity and frequency of sinusitis attacks. Delphis offers the best treatment for sinusitis with remedies that just don’t suppress the symptoms but boost the defence mechanism of the body from within with the absolutely safe and zero-side-effects medicines.