Scratching persistently is a big annoyance for people suffering from psoriasis as it not only interferes with their daily routine but also disturbs the people around them. This need not be the case anymore as homeopathy offers the best treatment for Psoriasis. Psoriasis is a chronic skin disorder that results in thick patches of skin which is scaly in appearance. This is an autoimmune disorder where the immune system is over-reactive attacking its own tissues and cells.
Usually, skin cells that grow deep in the skin go through a cycle of change, die and shed in a period of three to four weeks. However, when the immune system is over-reactive this process speeds up and the skin cells go through the cycle within three to four days which causes thickening of the skin with red and scaly patches. This condition is called Psoriasis which mainly affects the skin and nails but can also sometimes affect joints, fingers, toes and the spine.
You can identify if your scratching is because of psoriasis if you have any of these symptoms –
- red patches on the skin that have thick and silvery scales
- scaling spots
- dry and cracked skin that may bleed
- itching that is followed by a burning sensation
- lesions that give discomfort or pain
- scratching gives rise to new lesions
- thickened or pitted nails
- swelling and stiffness in joints
Around 125 million people worldwide are affected by Psoriasis which can affect people of any age and gender but it is mostly seen in the age group of 11-60. Homeo clinics have several remedies to treat psoriasis depending on the type and the root cause behind the condition. There are five types of psoriasis that can trouble people with pain and itching.
- Plaque psoriasis – This type of psoriasis is the most common and is characterized by raised red patches of skin with white or silvery scales.
- Guttate psoriasis – This condition is characterized by drop-shaped scaly lesions that could be red or pink in colour appear over larger areas of the body.
- Inverse psoriasis – a skin condition that is characterized by smooth inflamed or red patches affecting usually armpits, genital areas, under the breast, etc.
- Pustular psoriasis – This condition is characterized by blisters filled with pus that is non-infectious and can be seen predominantly on hand and feet.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis – a skin condition that is characterized by extensive skin inflammation and scaling combined with swelling, severe itching and pain.
Causes and Triggering Factors:
Although the exact cause of psoriasis is not known, there are multiple factors that trigger the condition in people. According to studies, many people who suffer from psoriasis get it genetically as there are more chances of a person being affected by psoriasis if one or more of his/her relatives have the disorder. Other factors that can trigger the condition include chronic infections, stress, obesity, alcohol consumption, smoking, excessive exposure to the sun, environmental changes and certain medications.
People with psoriasis are prone to other complications like diabetes, heart attacks and psoriatic arthritis. Some people may also develop the condition of irritable bowel syndrome and in some people; it may affect their nails making them thick and separate from the nail bed.
Homeopathy for psoriasis:
Psoriasis is more of a symptom of the underlying imbalance in the immune system than a disease in itself. The conventional treatment methods involving the topical creams and other medicines will not help control psoriasis effectively because they address the symptom and not the root cause. Homeopathy treatment offers a holistic way of healing a person taking into consideration the body constitution of the person along with the person’s emotional aspects. Delphis, one of the best homeopathy clinics in Hyderabad provides highly effective and the best treatment for Psoriasis with zero side effects.
Get appropriate homeopathy treatment and say goodbye to psoriasis forever.