Understanding Infertility and Homeo Remedies
The joy of parenthood is unexplainable and so is the agony of infertility. These days, infertility has become a major cause of concern with nearly 10% of the Indian population being affected by it. It is estimated that around one out of six couples is suffering the pain of childlessness in Indian urban areas. There are multiple treatment methods to deal with infertility and nowadays, more and more people are turning towards homeopathy clinics for safe and non-toxic infertility treatments.
What is infertility?
A couple is said to be affected by infertility when the couple is not able to conceive after having regular unprotected sex for one year. Fertility in women generally decreases as they age. So, usually, it is advisable for women under the age of thirty-five years to try for a year to conceive and those above the age of thirty-five years for a period of six months and then consult a doctor. To understand what infertility is, it is needed that you understand the process of pregnancy.
For a woman to get pregnant her body must release an egg; the egg must fertilize by joining a man’s sperm; the fertilized egg should move through a fallopian tube, and attach to the inside of the uterus. A problem or issue with any or all of these steps in the process of pregnancy will lead to infertility.
Types of Infertility:
Infertility can be categorized as –
- Primary infertility wherein a couple has not conceived even after twelve months of regular unprotected sex.
- Secondary infertility wherein the couple has conceived earlier but are no longer able to.
Symptoms of Infertility:
The major symptom of infertility is that a woman can’t get pregnant. Another symptom that can be noticed in a few women is menstrual periods that are irregular or absent. Infertility signs in men can be seen in the form of hormonal problems that lead to changes in hair growth or sexual function.
Causes of Infertility:
Many people assume wrongly that infertility is a woman’s problem. But, the reality is that both men and women can be responsible for their infertility. In some cases, a woman’s factor can result in infertility whereas in some cases, a man’s factor can result in infertility. In some cases, both the male and female factors contribute to infertility. It helps to understand the factors that cause infertility in men and women.
Male Factors –
- Conditions like varicoceles and trauma to the testes that affect sperm production.
- Conditions like diabetes, auto-immune disorders and certain infections that affect testicle health.
- Hormonal disorders.
- Genetic disorders that affect sperm production.
- Certain medicines and treatments used for different health conditions.
- Alcohol consumption, smoking, and illegal drug use.
- Some factors like aging, being overweight or obese, and exposure to radiation or environmental toxins can increase the risk of infertility in men.
Female Factors –
- Disruption of ovarian function due to PCOS.
- Diminished ovarian reserve due to aging, congenital, medical, surgical and other causes.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Fallopian tube obstruction due to pelvic infection, ruptured appendicitis and certain other health conditions.
- Abnormal physical characteristics of the uterus.
- Factors like aging, smoking, alcohol consumption and excessive physical or emotional stress can increase the risk of infertility in women.
Infertility and Homeo:
Homeo clinics offer different remedies that show curable effects on the various male and female factors that lead to infertility in a couple. Homeopathy remedies do not contain any hormones and are one of the natural and safest treatment methods for infertility. Top homeopathy clinics provide holistic treatment by identifying and treating the root cause of infertility and help childless couples enjoy the bliss of parenthood.