Uterine Fibroids are Treatable with Homeopathy
Leiomyomas or myomas, more commonly known as uterine fibroids, are tumours that develop in a woman’s womb and it is a common condition among many women in their childbearing years. It is estimated that India has a prevalence of more than one million cases per year related to uterine fibroids. The condition can be chronic but is treatable by a medical professional. Delphis, one of the best homeopathy clinics in Hyderabad, offers excellent remedies for the treatment of uterine fibroids.
What is a uterine fibroid?
Uterine fibroids are benign growth of smooth muscle cells and fibrous connective tissues that develop in the uterus. The tumour is benign or non-cancerous and it can develop inside the uterus wall or attach to it. Uterine fibroids can grow as a single tumour or in clusters and they can grow up to a size that can enlarge the uterus and can add weight. Based on the location of fibroids within the uterus, they can be described as –
- Subserosal fibroids – These fibroids are located beneath the serosa and mostly appear on the outside surface of the womb.
- Submucosal fibroids – These fibroids are located inside the uterine cavity.
- Intramural fibroids – These fibroids are located inside the muscular wall of the uterus.
- Pedunculated fibroids – These fibroids grow on the pedicle and can extend to the cavity of the uterus or outside the uterus.
Symptoms of Uterine Fibroids:
Many women are affected by the condition of uterine fibroids at some point in their life but in many cases, it can go unnoticed as fibroids may not show any symptoms. In such women, fibroids may be discovered by the doctor during a pelvic exam or ultrasound test performed for some other purpose. In other women who experience symptoms, they can differ depending on the location, size and number of fibroids. Here are some common symptoms of uterine fibroids –
- heavy and painful periods
- menstrual periods prolonged for more than a week
- spotting or bleeding between periods
- pelvic pressure
- frequent urination
- difficulty in emptying the bladder
- backache or leg pains
- anemia due to heavy periods
- painful sex
- discomfort in the rectum
- pressure or fullness in the lower abdomen
- swelling or enlargement of the abdomen
- fertility and pregnancy problems
Causes of Uterine Fibroids:
Uterine fibroids can be caused by –
- Genetic changes – Changes in genes from the normal uterine muscle cells can result in fibroids.
- Hormones – More amounts of estrogen and progesterone receptors than normal uterine muscle cells can promote fibroids.
- Extracellular matrix (ECM) – Increased ECM can also lead to the development of fibroids.
There are certain risk factors that increase the chances of developing uterine fibroids –
- Overweight and obesity
- Not giving birth to a child ever
- The onset of the menstrual period at an early age
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Diet high in red meat and low in green vegetables, fruits and milk products
- Alcohol abuse
Uterine Fibroids and Homeopathy:
Usually, fibroids can continue to grow until menopause once they develop and may also shrink once estrogen levels fall after menopause. To get relief from symptoms and avoid complications like fertility and pregnancy issues, one can approach Delphis homeo clinic that offers the best treatment for uterine fibroids. A homeopath will identify the root cause of your condition and provide remedies that help in balancing the hormone levels to effectively combat fibroid growth. Homeo remedies are natural and have zero side-effects which can be safely administered during pregnancy also. There are nearly fifty homeopathic medicines that can be administered effectively to treat people affected by uterine fibroids depending on their constitutional makeup, physical and mental aspects.