Ward Off Insomnia with Homeo
People with insomnia know how it feels to keep staring at the clock and walls throughout the night when the whole world around them is fast asleep. An insomniac may try hundreds of methods and hacks to fall asleep but in vain. Insomnia can affect the quality of life of the person affected with it as it results in unexplainable exhaustion. If you are an insomniac, you are not alone! More than 10% of the global population is affected by insomnia. You can get relief from the condition with the best treatment for insomnia offered by the homeopathy doctors in Hyderabad.
What is Insomnia?
Insomnia is a sleep disorder that makes it difficult for the affected to fall asleep, stay asleep and/or makes them wake up too early. It is a common disorder that affects millions of people globally and makes the affected person feel terribly tired due to a lack of sufficient sleep. Although how much time a person needs to sleep varies from person to person, generally adults need to get proper sleep of around seven to eight hours to stay healthy and energetic. People with insomnia face difficulties due to decreased energy levels that affect their health in general, productivity at work and therefore the quality of life.
Symptoms of Insomnia:
The common symptoms in people affected by insomnia include –
- difficulty in falling asleep
- difficulty in staying asleep
- waking up during the night
- waking up too early
- a feeling of lack of adequate rest after a night’s sleep
- feeling sleepy during daytime
- difficulty in concentration and remembering things
- increase in errors or accidents
- worrying about sleep
Types of Insomnia:
When characterized on the basis of duration, insomnia can be understood as acute or chronic insomnia. A person is said to have acute insomnia when it is brief and happens due to life circumstances. This is a type of passing sleep disruption that often tends to resolve without any treatment. A person is said to have chronic insomnia when there is disruption in sleep for at least three nights weekly lasting for at least three months. Insomnia can be categorized into –
- Primary insomnia – This occurs when a person’s sleep issues are not directly related to any other health problem.
- Secondary insomnia – This occurs when a person’s sleep issues are a result of another health condition.
Causes of Insomnia:
Insomnia can be a result of various factors –
- Short-term or acute insomnia can be a result of –
- Stress/ emotional or physical discomfort like the bereavement of a loved one, job-related issues, divorce, etc.
- Environmental factors that disrupt sleep like light, sound or room temperature.
- Certain medications that interfere with sleep.
- Change in regular sleep schedule, etc.
- Chronic insomnia could result from –
- Depression or anxiety
- Chronic stress
- Certain health conditions like nasal allergies, acid reflux, hypothyroidism, asthma, arthritis, neurological disorders, chronic pain, etc.
Apart from these, certain medications used for various health conditions and drug abuse can also cause insomnia in some people.
Insomnia and Homeo:
Before seeking medical help for insomnia, people should try some self-help tips –
- Maintaining a regular sleep schedule
- Exercising and doing regular physical activity
- Avoiding caffeine, smoking, going to bed with an empty stomach
- Using relaxation techniques like meditation
- Avoiding TV, mobile phones, reading, eating or worrying in bed
- Avoiding regular and long daytime naps
If you don’t get relief from insomnia in spite of all kinds of self-help and home remedies, you should consult Delphis Homeo clinic that provides holistic and individualized treatment for your problem instead of taking sleeping pills or sedative hypnotics. Avoid the side effects of sleeping pills with the natural and zero-side-effects homeopathy medicines. Homeopathy treats the problem from deep within by identifying the root cause of insomnia and simultaneously helping you deal with any other health condition you are suffering from which is leading to your sleep deprivation.